If you're a "civilian" (a non-actor who has no clue how the entertainment industry actually works) please, please, PLEASE stop saying these things to actors that you know. We know you mean well, really, we do. And we love you, really, we do! But before you say or ask any of these things, stop and ask yourself, "would I say this to a doctor?" Hopefully that will help you see how ridiculous (and potentially insulting) these things truly sound.
1. "So, how’s the acting thing going?"
"So, how's the doctor thing going?"
2. "What shows have you been on?"
"What patients have you seen?"
3. "You would be great on The Big Bang Theory!"
"You'd be a great as the President's personal physician!"
4. "Had any good auditions lately?"
"I know you're out of work, Dr. Doctor, but are you at least having good interviews for doctor jobs?"
5. "What ever happened with that audition you once told me about and then never brought up again? Oh, well better luck next time."
"Whatever happened with that patient you were super invested in?
Oh, my condolences."
6. "Seriously, you look just like that one girl from The Big Bang Theory!"
"Seriously, you look just like this doctor I once met!"
7. "How do you remember all those lines?"
"How do you remember all those medical facts?!"
8. "I saw an interview with J.J. Abrams. He likes Star Wars just like you! Why don't you just ask him for a job?"
"That hospital is run by Catholics. You're Catholic. Why don't you just ask them for a job?"
9. "Am I going to see you on TV soon?"
"Are you going to be healing sick people soon?"
10. "Why aren’t you on The Big Bang Theory?!"
"Why haven't you cured cancer?"
So, yeah. See how silly this all sounds? Next time, just ask us how we're doing. Trust me, if something cool is going on, you'll be the first to know!
Thanks for reading The SchloerBLOG, guys! Leave me a comment, won't you?
But, um, not the meanie, troll-y kind, please? 😊